Paragliding in Hermanus
- About 1 hour
Tandem paragliding is a heavenly adrenaline rush. No experience is necessary, your pilot will do all the hard work, you just need to run on take off, then sit back and relax and enjoy the view and don’t forget to smile for the camera.
A para-glider is a free flying, foot launched aircraft. A tandem para-glider is specifically designed to carry two people. The passenger is strapped into a harness in front of the experienced pilot.
Hermanus is about 130 kilometres from Cape Town and can take between an hour to an hour and a half to drive to the launch site.
Our Hermanus flights take off near the Rotary Way lookout point and will land on the nearby school field. In the air, our pilots will show you the beauty the town has to offer and you will have the chance to glide over the nearby coast. You may even be in for a treat if the whales decide to put on a show for you!
Good to know
- Our pilots will only fly in safe weather
- All tandem pilots are highly experienced TFIs (Tandem Flight Instructors) certified by SAHPA (the South African Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association)
- Meet at Rotary Way lookout point 30 minutes prior to flight
- Minimum age 11 years
- Max weight 120kg
- Tandem para-gliding with pilot
- Harness with back protection
- Reserve parachutes and careful pre-flight checks and pre-launch observation
- In-flight photos and video can be purchased for R250.00 per flight
- Gratuities (optional)
- Closed shoes
- On a chilly day wear something warm
- Sunglasses can be worn in-flight
What an experience paragliding with Icarus. Professional guides and team that have years of experience. A must when in Cape Town on a clear day, fly over the city and be thrilled and invigorated. Booking is essential to guarantee your flight. X
Fantastic team.....Absolutely an amazing experience. My friend did the Tandem Paraglide with John.
Thank You Jacques and your Team.
Im naturally afraid of heights but I'll always paraglide again. The Icarus Paragliding Team made my first paragliding experience very comfortable, exhilarating and unforgettable. I highly recommend them😙 😙 😙
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.