Kamikaze Kanyon Canyoing
- About 11 hours
If you are looking for Adventure, this is the trip for you! Join our guides on a full day action packed outdoor adventure. This trip promises to rock your socks off as you will embark on a 65m Waterfall Abseil try your hand at Kloofing, jumping from 3 metres to 22 metres high. Take note you will be hiking to the various rock pools and abseil so wear appropriate shoes It might look a little crazy – it is!
Itinerary guidelines; Arrival times vary with numbers & fitness of groups
- Meet 297 Longstreet( across the street , in front of the big church gate)
- Depart from Cape Town (approx 15 minutes after arrival)
- Arrival at The Pitstop Lodge for a delicious breakfast (Drive takes 1 hour)
- Enter the Gorge for a +/- 30 minute walk/hike to the first cliff jumping pool
- The next +/- 30 minute walk takes you to the top of Thunder Falls.
- Lunch in the pools above the waterfall.
- Abseil down Thunder Falls. (65 metres).
- Hike out of the gorge.
- Arrive back at Sunbird Lodge for Sundowners
- Departure from Pitstop Lodge to Cape Town (Between 3:30pm and 5:00pm- Depending on season and size of group)
- Arrival in Cape Town (4:00pm – 6:00pm -Depending on season and size of group)
Kamikaze Kanyon is in the Fynbos biome and forms part of the Cape Floral Kingdom. There are 6 floral kingdoms globally and the Cape Floral Kingdom is the smallest and the most diverse per unit of area.
The diversity of fynbos plants is extremely high, with over 9000 species of plants occurring in the biome of which 6200 are endemic, i.e. growing nowhere else in the world.
Although the Fynbos biome only comprises 6% of the area of southern Africa, it has half the total number of plant species on the subcontinent – and has almost 1 in 5 of all African plant species so far described.
Good to know
- Maximum weight 120 kg
- Weather dependent. We can only confirm on the morning of the activity
- We meet around 07h00 in summer & 07h45 in winter, but time will be confirmed upon booking
- We require a minimum of 4 Pax in order for this trip to proceed. Your booking will be confirmed automatically by the reservation system, however we will stay in touch in case we do not have the required number of participants for the trip to proceed
- Minimum age 10 years
- Children need to be physically fit as it is a full day activity involving lots of hiking
- Wet suit (in cold conditions)
- 3 Light meals
- Any additional items of a personal nature
- Gratuity for guide (recommended)
- Comfortable shoes (they will get wet)
- 2 litres of water
- Swimming Costume
- A backpack to carry your lunch and harness
- Warm windbreaker
- A change of clothes
I didn't abseil but I meet some of the crew at the Berg River Dam. They were setting up for the Bastille Day trail run. 5 stars as they had a bag and were picking up litter...some of it pretty gross. Well done, guys.
This is just amazing. You can abseil from the table mountain and you got an amazing view. But also you can go to a Kamikaze Canyon tour which is incredible. You can jump of a 22 meter high cliff into the water up. in the mountains. The guides are very professional! A lot of fun.
Absolute Amazing Experience on one of the new 7 wonders of the world, no better place to do this than with Abseil Africa on top of table mountain, the views are amazing, the experience is unbeatable and the staff really have got your back from the very beginning until the end. We was late arriving due to a long unexpected hike up to the top but we contacted the team who was very professional and friendly from the moment we made the booking, they contacted us via whatsapp which i preferred. Would highly recommend this to all who are visiting cape town.. Plans changed and the Abseil Africa team was more than accommodating this is a team who have got their act together and truly do focus on their customers experiences.
Amazing experience with friendly staff that took a few photos and a video as I descended down. Although I wasn’t a complete novice, they explained everything very clearly & concisely making the entire process enjoyable. The trek back up was wasn’t too bad either and just can’t get over the gorgeous view!
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.