Hike Table Mountain up India Venster
- About 5 hours
Our best half day hike to the summit of Table Mountain! A challenging but incredibly beautiful route.
Hike up Cape Town’s most iconic summit in the safe company of our knowledgeable and experienced guides. Learn about the plants, animals, and history of Table Mountain and let us show you some of the mountain’s best secret viewpoints.
We meet at the Lower Cable Station and ascend via India Venster to finish at the Upper Cable Station. From here you can choose how long you would like to stay on the summit, enjoying the views and the treats available at the “Café at the Top”, and then take the cable car down mountain. Cable car tickets are not included in the hike price. Cable car may be closed in strong winds, in which case we will hike down the mountain via Platteklip Gorge at no extra cost.
Please advice: This route involves short sections of scrambling on narrow ledges, with some sections protected with metal “staples” (or ladders), so it is not suitable for those who suffer from a fear of heights and do not enjoy pushing their boundaries.
Difficulty: This steep and challenging route requires a good fitness level. There are many level sections along the route though that break up the climbs nicely so many people find this to be a less tiring route than Platteklip Gorge.
Good to know
- Arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the specified start time
- A short briefing and kit check will be conducted before we start hiking. All participants must ensure they have all the compulsory gear before arrival or risk not being allowed to take part in the hike
- This hike is 2 - 4 hours long. We hike slowly to allow all members of the group to keep up and take a number of breaks to eat, drink and enjoy the surrounding views.
- Participants must have a good fitness level and be able to walk for 2 hours
- Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
- If the cable car is closed the guide will lead a hike down Platteklip Gorge to return to the starting point.
- Qualified Tour Guide
- All medical and safety equipment
- Water bottle, on request
- Hiking snacks
- Transport to and from the meeting point
- Cable car ticket
- Sun Protection
- Hat /Beanie (if cold temp. is predicted)
- Jacket/Warm Top (compulsory)
- Water/Juice (1 litres minimum)
- 1 snack per hour of walking (compulsory)
- Any Personal Medication (compulsory)
- Clothing suitable for season
- Waterproof Jacket if rain is predicted
- Comfortable walking shoes/boots
Fantastic trip we saw a humpback whale, Heaviside dolphins, African penguins and a cape fur seal. We may have been very lucky with wildlife, but even if we had not seen as much it would’ve been a great alternative way to see the scenery of Cape Town!
My friends and I had such an amazing experience on this tour. We went on the 7am trip and the conditions were beautiful. Our tour guide was very helpful and made me feel very safe.
Such breathtaking views of Cape Town, and an added bonus of the dolphins playing right along side of us!! highly recommend this tour.
An amazing experience Kayaking on the waters early morning in Cape Town. Its extra special if there is dolphins swimming around also. It does require a little bit of core exercise but it is great fun. The guide Jordan is super chilled and friendly. Great fun and and a cool bucket list activity to experience.
We were so lucky to see two whales and some dolphins on our kayak trip with Atlantic Outlook early November! The conditions were simply perfect. Atlantic Outlook is your choice for a very relaxed and entertaining kayak tour around the coast of Cape Town! Don't hesitate, you will not be disappointed!
Fantastic experience. Jordan and company great hosts. Experienced Dolphins and seals close up. A must do cape town tour
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.