Group Introductory To Fly Fishing
- About 3 hours
Join up to 10 people and learn the basic fly fishing techniques from an experienced fly fishing guide. Available on Saturday & Sunday mornings and daily during school holidays from 8:30am.
The SFA Group introductory fly fishing event is hosted at Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa which is only 45 min drive from Johannesburg & Pretoria. The venue has good water quality, scenic location and is environmentally friendly. It is hosted as a group event and we only take a max of 10 fishers.
Our experienced guides/facilitators will assist guests with: * teaching basic fly-fishing skills in a fun and informative manner * providing advice and guidance on the practical fishing i.e. showing best fishing areas at the specific venue, taking fish off the fly, photos of fish etc
Good to know
- No prior fishing skills required
- Fishing equipment can be hired on site
- Available on Saturday and Sundays and daily during school holidays
- Learn the basic fly fishing techniques
- Fly fishing access to Kloofzicht Lake & Mulberry dam
- Bait, bass fishing and fly fishing access to Wilger & Bass Dam
- Bring own equipment or hire a fishing rod
- Basic fishing assistance if required
- Meals and refreshments
- Rented fishing equipment or tackle
- Child minding
- Injured trout to be kept and paid for
- Binoculars if you enjoy birding
- Fishing equipment if you have your own
- Anti-allergy medication if you have allergies
- Sun glasses
- Comfortable clothes suitable for weather conditions
- Hot & Sunny - light material shirt and pants ideally with uv protection
- Cold or rainy - warm clothes that are also rain resistant if necessary
Loved the fly fishing introduction that we did with Sundowner at Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa with my boys. A perfect way to spend the day fishing. Great environment and also loved learning from the knowledgeable staff there. Perfect place to learn and to enjoy something special with my boys too.
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.