Boat Dives With Reef & Seals
Cape Town has a variety of beautiful reefs, but one of it's most incredible is Coral Gardens, living up to its name by the huge variety of brightly-coloured corals decorating the area! This is our reef site for the summer months.
As well as the corals, Coral Gardens also has some unique rock formations, where there is a lot of marine life for macro-lovers to view! Bring along a camera if you have - you will definitely get some awesome shots to show off to your friends!
Expect to see crustaceans, sea stars, sea fans and nudibranchs, as well as some octopus and possibly a shyshark whilst you look around. There is also a small kelp forest where our divers occasionally find a cuttlefish - so be prepared for a dive like no other!
After the dive, enjoy your surface interval at Hout Bay Harbour, which has views over the mountain range of Chapman's Peak - another of Cape Town's infamous landmarks!
During the winter months, we'll either take you to Cowshark Reef, one of Cape Town's most stunning kelp forests, complete with a reef system of pinacles, crevices, and mini cave-like structures. It has all the marine life found at Coral Gardens too!
The Cape Fur Seals are a must-see for divers coming to Cape Town, as they are incredibly playful and interactive in the water, coming right up to our divers to show off their effortless underwater acrobatics. They are a highly inquisitive species, and will often venture close enough to nibble on your fins or snorkels as they try to entice you to play!
The Duiker Island seal colony is Cape Town's largest, and with a maximum depth of 8m can be dived by any experience level. This is where we'll take you for your second dive, and with a 90% chance of seeing them in the water, and the chance of seeing up to 50 in the water at any one time, you will have one of the most incredible dives!
During late November-mid January the female seals give birth to their pups, so during this time our divers are entertained not just by the larger adults, but by the smaller, more clumsy creatures, which start of shy but gradually begin to trust our divers and venture closer and closer each time they meet us! Seal diving is an experience in Cape Town you cannot miss, so definitely to be recorded in your logbooks!
Meet at shop: Time as per your booking. We do paperwork and gear packing
Drive to launch site: 30 Minutes to an Hour's drive, depending on the day's launch site
Orientation, dive briefing, kit up: Half an Hour
Boat ride & Dive 1: About 1 1/2 Hours total
Surface interval & dive briefing: 1 Hour
Boat ride & Dive 2: About 1 1/2 Hours total
De-brief and pack-up: Half an Hour
Drive back to Dive shop: 30 Minutes to an Hour's drive
Logbooks, admin: About Half an Hour
* Times are approximate and can be influenced by divers, traffic, and ocean conditions
Pick-up and drop off from hotel if within Cape Town central
Must be healthy
Open Water Diving certification needed as minimum
What to bring
Water & snacks
88 Main road Seapoint Cape Town South Africa
Full refund if cancellation happens a minimum of 48 hours before activity commences.
No refunds will be given with less than 48 hours’ notice.
To participate, you need to have a minimum of an Open Water Certificate
Divers need to have dived recently (in the last 6 months). Divers who have not dived recently might be asked to participate in a “skill circuit” in the pool to refresh their skills, at an additional cost of R400
No refunds will be given to divers not able to dive due to ear problems, sea sickness, or other reasons of their own on the day.
If we unable to take you diving due to ocean conditions, or reasons on our part, we will refund you in full.
• If you arrive more than 30 minutes late for a booking, the rest of the group will go on to proceed with their dives. There will be no refund to you in this case.
• While we take upmost care to evaluate diving and ocean conditions for safe diving, it remains the responsibility of the diver to decide if he is comfortable with diving conditions or not. Please feel free to not partake in a dive if you feel uncomfortable. Only dive in conditions with which you are familiar with/have been trained for.
• If you are sick on the day, please do not dive, for your own safety.
• We provide an optional free of charge pick-up service in the Cape Town city centre area.
• Pick-ups from hotels must be arranged in advance
• We reserve the right to decide whether your specific location is close enough for a pick-up or not.
• If you booked a pick-up with us, please be ready in the lobby of the hotel at the appointed time.
Displaying 5 of 53 View all
Admin Office Fall 1814 October, 2018
Viktoria Urbanek9 February, 2019
Maxime Frydman7 March, 2019
Candace Hoagland30 December, 2018
Joshua Knapp7 February, 2019